York Cooking Class
Location: Gather York
Date: Sunday 30th August
Come along for a fun few hours of cooking and a delicious curry lunch.
You will each make and take home your own batch of Rempah, a master Malaysian spice paste. I will show you how to transform the paste into a Nyonya Chicken curry and a spicy and sweet pickle called Acar to accompany it.
To finish, we will all sit down to a delicious bowl of curry and a glass of wine.
DETAILS – demonstration and hands-on, suitable for gluten free, class cooking contains peanuts and shrimp paste. Use our class equipment or you can bring your own mortar and pestle or purchase one in class.
Nyonya Chicken Curry
Sweet & Spicy Acar Pickle
What does the class include?
- Mortar & Pestle notes.
- Recipe cards.
- Hands-on making your own batch of rempah, to be taken home.
- Demonstration on how to transform rempah into chicken curry and Acar.
- Generous serve of delicious curry and Acar for lunch.
- INCLUDES a complementary glass of delicious WA wine.
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes and closed in shoes. Bring an apron if you have one.
- You can bring your own mortar and pestle or purchase one from Table & Taste and we will deliver it to you in class. Let us know if you need us to provide one for you to use in class but please note that places are limited.
- BYO allowed. (of course) 🙂
Under 15’s must be accompanied by an adult and pay a full priced ticket.
All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Tickets to workshops must be purchased at least two days prior to the class date, to ensure all participants are catered for.