It’s no surprise that having close friends is proven to be good for your health and wellbeing! But did you know that on average many people may have up to 5 friends that form their close social circle? It is no wonder that it can be more than a little difficult to maintain these circles when life gets in the way.
This is where Table & Taste Club can come to your rescue. We can be the perfect excuse you need to catch up all year.
Forming a social club with your friends, a group of couples or even with just you and your partner can help you to reconnect regularly and create shared experiences that maintain that friendship bond.
This club is so flexible that you can make it fit into your life whenever and for whomever you like. Although we send the menu packages monthly, you are free to purchase the wine and cook all or some of the courses if and whenever you choose.
I’ve compiled some suggestions below that you might like to incorporate into your own club.
Gather your friends
- Girlfriends, couples, family or for you and your partner? This club can be for any one of these groups.
- Even if your friends aren’t particularly foodies, wine and good company might still entice a friend to join your club. It is worth asking someone even if you think they might not be interested. You might be surprised!
- Experience new foods and wines! I have had a number of customers who’ve said they are using the club to expand their experience and knowledge with different foods or to try to get their partner to become foodies!
Name your Club
- Creating a name for your club can be a great way to further cement that club feeling.
- We have some incredible food pun names floating around. Holy Shiitake, Slice Slice Baby and Bite Club are my favourites! Don’t worry if you’re not a wordsmith though…google can help you out here.
Create a Roster
- Decide how often you will meet up?
- Some clubs are meeting every month or every second month. Some clubs are very casual and only meeting up when it suits them all. On the off months, some members are using the menus to cook for their partners and sharing their food pics with each other.
- Decide who will cook?
- You can do it a few ways. Some clubs are cooking together, some will divide the courses each month and bring their dishes to the host’s house and others will take turns cooking the complete menu.
- Creating a solid roster at the beginning of the year is a great way to keep the momentum going and make sure you continue meeting up throughout the year.
- All club food menus will cost approximately $25 or less per head per month.
- It can make it very simple if you decide to each contribute $25 for the food every time you meet. The host that is cooking can then simply be reimbursed from that pool of money. Any leftover funds could go towards your ticket purchase for the annual events we will be organising later in the year, a cooking class with us or perhaps a club wind-up lunch at the end of the year.
- As the wine is an added cost, you might like to have a discussion about how and who will pay for the matching wine when you choose to purchase it. The beautiful cellar door varieties that we have selected are not available in bottles shops. We are essentially bringing the cellar door to you! As there will always be a postage cost, our feature wineries are all offering our customers very special offers to help counteract that cost so we can make the wine affordable for you.
- Most of the wine bottles will work out on special between $14 and $25, plus postage. With many wineries offering a flat rate of postage, the more wine you order, the better the bottle price as the postage will be divided over a greater number of bottles. A great excuse to get wine tasting!
Tag us in your photos
- Every month when you cooks the menus we would love to see what you produce!
- #mytableandtaste on your instagram pics and follow the hashtag so you can see what everyone else is cooking.
- This club is most importantly meant to be fun and not taken too seriously! You don’t need to be concerned if you think your food isn’t presented like a Masterchef. We love that you’ve attempted to cook it and want to know if there are any dishes that are standouts for you!
- Tag @table_and_taste on Instagram and share your experience in the Facebook Group. It may help others or you if there were any parts that you had trouble with.